Once you’ve narrowed the list of electricians to consult on work for your home, it’s important to
ask some specific questions to get a sense of how they work. These questions can help you select the
right electrician for your home.
1. Is the electrician licensed to work in the state? Although a contractor may be licensed, it doesn’t
necessarily mean they are licensed in the state in which you live. It’s important to confirm with
the contractor that they’re licensed in your state and that they’ve completed a certain number
of hours working with a Master Electrician.
2. Is the electrician insured? Not only should you ask for proof of insurance, but you should also
call the insurance company to ensure their policy is active and valid. Should any injury occur in
your home, you’ll want to be sure you are not liable.
3. Compare references: Once you’ve narrowed your list down to a few contractors, you should
compare the reviews and feedback from their references.
4. Who is actually going to complete the work? Electric companies will often send a Master
Electrician to inspect and provide an estimate for a job, but that’s not necessarily the face you’ll
see when it’s time for the work to be done. An apprentice may be sent to do the work. It’s
important to note that the Master’s license is at stake for any work that their apprentice
completes on their behalf.
5. Does the electrician offer a warranty? This is an important consideration as you compare
estimates from a number of contractors. Should something go wrong with the work completed,
you’ll want to be sure that your investment is covered with some warranty.
Positricity is your Clearwater, FL electrician that strives to address your electrical needs in a
professional and timely manner. We offer rapid, quality service. We guarantee our work. Our
phone support staff are ready for your call. Why not call us right now?